Eldercare Incorporated was established in 1990 by the amalgamation of Eldercare Inc. and Kingsborough Homes Inc.
In 1959, the administration of Aldersgate and Allambi (Congregational Union of S.A. Homes for the Aged Incorporated) was amalgamated and subsequently changed its name to Uniting Church Retirement Homes Incorporated,in preparation for the establishment of the Uniting Church in Australia.
In 1985, Uniting Church Retirement Homes Incorporated then amalgamated with the Alexandra Homes Trust Inc. to become Eldercare Inc.
Eldercare Inc. then amalgamated with Kingbsorough Homes Inc. in May 1990 and the name of the new association became Eldercare Incorporated. Eldercare Incorporated’s official commencement date was 2 July 1990.
Eldercare largely inherited the majority of its properties from a variety of sources within the Uniting Church and its predecessors before Church union. Additionally, new residential facilities in Woodcroft, Seaford and Evanston Park were built.
Extensive building works have been carried out since Eldercare’s inception, including the multi-million dollar redevelopments of Allambi and The Lodge. Major redevelopments will continue in 2018.
Read the Eldercare Constitution for further information.