Advanced Care Service
Eldercare’s Advanced Care Service is an innovative nursing approach that aims to provide you with the treatment you need without always going to hospital.
Eldercare’s Advanced Care Service (formerly The Dandelion Project) is an innovative nursing approach that aims to provide you with the treatment you need without always going to hospital.
Hospital can sometimes be distressing and your overall health may suffer.
Eldercare has experienced nurses who can provide you with specific services in your home where you will be cared for by people you know in familiar surroundings.
Let us offer peace of mind by ensuring you only go to hospital when you really need to.
What to expect
These nursing services can be provided at site by specially trained nursing staff, supported by Eldercare’s Nurse Practitioner. The service is provided in collaboration with you, your representative and your doctor.
The Advanced Care Service will only be provided where:
- it is safe to do so
- the medical and nursing expertise and equipment to provide the services is available
- it is your or your representative’s preference to have the services provided at the facility
We will ask you for some information so that if you become suddenly unwell, the care provided to you aligns with your needs and preferences.
The three elements of the Advanced Care Service
- Planning your nursing and end-of-life care
- Responding to acute clinical events
- Collaborating with visiting General Practitioners
By receiving Advanced Care Services you will:
- be cared for by staff that know you and your routines well
- stay in surroundings that are familiar to you with access to your own belongings
- be able to have your family visit you in the comfort of your own room
- avoid long waits in the emergency department
- avoid additional complications, such as pressure sores and infections, that can be acquired whilst in hospital
Reference: Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care