At Eldercare, we encourage and support the active involvement of family members in your care.
Families are sometimes concerned that they will no longer be able to play a part in providing care once you move into an aged care home. At Eldercare, we respect and value the role of families and encourage their active involvement to maximise your health and wellbeing.
By playing a role in your care, family members can help you make a smooth transition into your new home, maintain strong relationships with you, and help Eldercare’s staff get to know you and understand your history, preferences and needs. They can also support your extended family and friends by helping them understand any changes that are occurring with you and how they can best stay engaged.
While the involvement of family members will not replace the quality care and support you receive from Eldercare staff, there are many ways that they can be involved including:
- personal grooming and hygiene
- massage therapy
- meal and mobility assistance
- leisure activities
To support family members providing this assistance, Eldercare offers:
- ongoing training and education led by qualified Eldercare staff
- helpful tips and suggestions for providing care
- a flexible partnership where family members work with your clinical leader to decide which tasks they would like to perform
Eldercare is committed to providing a positive experience for you and your family members.