How To Apply For Residential Aged Care

What is the process to become a resident with Eldercare?

Step 1

You will need an Aged Care Client Record (ACCR) or Support Plan, formerly known as an ACAT assessment, to:

  • determine your eligibility for residential aged care
  • apply for residential aged care accommodation

For further information or to arrange an assessment, please call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit

Step 2

You can apply for accommodation at Eldercare by completing an online application through this website. When you have successfully completed the online form, you will receive an email explaining the next steps in the application process. Please contact Eldercare's Admissions team if you do not receive this email.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to complete your paperwork by hand, please contact Eldercare's Admissions team and an application pack can be posted to you.

Eldercare Admissions team contact details:

Additional Information

In many cases, it may take some time for a residential aged care place to become available. When a vacancy arises, Eldercare staff will consider the applications already received and seek an applicant who meets the criteria for the accommodation type being offered.

The amount you will pay for residential aged care is determined by a Combined Assets and Income Assessment.

Information you need to know and the request for a Combined Assets and Income Assessment can be found on the Australian Government's Department of Human Services Centrelink website. Alternatively, you can call Centrelink on 1800 227 475 for this information.

Eldercare will require a copy of the letter you receive when your Combined Assets and Income Assessment has been completed and form submitted.

Please note that this letter can take several weeks to arrive so we encourage you to submit the Combined Assets and Income Assessment Form as early as possible.

Eldercare charges fees in line with those advised by the Department of Social Services. We recommend that, as a prospective incoming resident, you seek your own independent financial advice before accepting a place at Eldercare.

The Eldercare Resident Information Booklet provides detailed information on the services we provide. This booklet is provided to all new residents upon admission.

Frequently Asked Questions

Eldercare Medical Form - For Your GP To Complete