Eldercare's volunteers play an important role in helping us provide the highest level of service to our residents and to deliver peace of mind with our care.
We welcome volunteers
Eldercare has a long history and a strong culture of volunteering. We are fortunate to have over 300 volunteers contributing their time and talents in a wide range of areas, including social support and activities with residents, maintenance and gardening, allied health, hospitality, chaplain support, IT and various administration roles.
Volunteers play an important role in helping Eldercare provide the highest level of service to our residents and deliver peace of mind with our care.
Eldercare is committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience. We support our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and intersex (LGBTIQ) residents, family members, staff and volunteers. We welcome and respect the diversity that our residents, staff and volunteers bring and work hard to ensure everyone feels welcomed and safe.
Volunteering is also personally rewarding. The benefits of volunteering include:
- meeting people and making new friends
- gaining a sense of purpose from contributing to a cause
- knowing that you are making a difference to the lives of others
- gaining confidence and self esteem
- developing skills, knowledge and experience
- improving employment prospects
Eldercare’s aim is to provide you with a range of rewarding experiences and opportunities in an inclusive and supportive workplace.
We are always looking for new volunteers in a variety of roles and locations across Greater Adelaide and the Yorke Peninsula.
Like our residents and clients, we understand that every volunteer is unique. We will be guided by you in terms of how you would like to contribute to Eldercare and work with you to find a placement that suits your needs and interests. You might:
- lead special interest groups
- teach residents or clients new skills and learn from them
- provide companionship to residents or clients
- provide transport services and help residents revisit or explore their communities
- assist hospitality staff with catering, cleaning and laundry
- provide support to our maintenance teams
- contribute to initiatives across the organisation
Listing your skills and interests when registering your interest will enable Eldercare’s volunteer program coordinator to find an existing volunteer role or perhaps create brand-new volunteering opportunity just for you.
Secondary school service learning
Eldercare is committed to supporting the aged care industry and the development of its future workforce by providing purposeful learning experiences to secondary school students. We value the contribution students make to Eldercare and foster meaningful connections between our residents and students.
If you are a secondary school student and wish to complete your service learning project with Eldercare, please contact our volunteer program coordinator on (08) 8291 1000.