South Park is a small care home with a welcoming tight-knit resident community at the heart of Minlaton on the Yorke Peninsula.
Many of our South Park residents and employees have spent much of their lives in, or in the regions around Minlaton.
South Park’s 18 single rooms, each with a private ensuite bathroom, are surrounded by comfortable lounge and sitting areas and well-maintained gardens.
Our chef prepares all food on-site daily with two courses served for lunch and three courses for dinner each day. Residents enjoy an interactive kitchen experience with meals served ‘across the counter’ and prepared using fresh ingredients from South Park’s fruit trees and vegetable and herb gardens.
Health professionals visit regularly including GPs, dentists, a podiatrist, dietitian and speech pathologist. Our physiotherapist supervises the on-site gym which features specially-designed equipment for building strength, increasing fitness and improving or maintaining mobility. There is also a varied social program that residents can choose to participate in including crafts, games and physical activities.
Residents can also have their hair done on-site by a professional hairdresser at an additional cost.
Services and amenities
- Permanent and respite care
- Specialist palliative care
- On-site gymnasium
- On-site hairdressing salon
Location and access
South Park is on the outskirts of Minlaton in the Yorke Peninsula region and is adjacent to the Minlaton Health Centre, which provides accident, emergency and community health services. Local facilities including shops, eateries and the Yorke Peninsula Visitor Centre are also a short walk away.
No visiting limitations are currently in place.
Other conditions apply. Please visit Eldercare's response to COVID-19 page for more information.
South Park has an active lifestyle program which is driven by residents. Popular activities include:
- Regular shows at South Park with local performers playing music and providing entertainment.
- The local ‘young mothers’ program, where mothers bring their babies and toddlers to spend time with residents.
- ‘Trish’s Kitchen Rules’ which allows residents to try new foods from different cultures and reminisce through ‘tried and true’ recipes, with many being from the Depression era.
- An adjustable high/low bed, curtains, fitted carpet and some built-in furniture
- Private ensuite consists of a toilet, shower, vanity basin and vanity cabinet
- Reverse cycle heating and cooling with individual temperature control
- Private phone connection available
- A call button and access to 24 hour nursing care
- Private ensuites
- Rooms are 20 sq. m
- Maximum Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD)
- Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP)
Click here to get a fee estimate. The Fee estimator is a simple online calculator. It can estimate how much your government-funded aged care services might cost.
The fees associated with residential aged care are made up of three elements:
- Additional fees and extra services
Your personal financial circumstances will determine how much you will be required to contribute towards the cost of your care and accommodation. Click here to calculate what your fees might be (fee estimator) or visit the My Aged Care website for more information.
You can also read more about the process of applying for residential aged care and an explanation of the fees and charges or contact our friendly residential admissions team on 1300 925 414 to talk about the costs and payment options available.
Select your preferred room option and use the slider to see how much your daily accommodation payment (DAP) will be, depending on the amount of your refundable accommodation deposit (RAD).
Drag the slider to adjust your Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD)
Fee Summary (South Park - Standard Room)
- Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD)
- Maximum Permissible Interest Rate (MPIR)
- Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP)
For those that are required to contribute towards their accommodation costs there are three options:
1. A fully refundable accommodation deposit (RAD)
2. Non-refundable daily accommodation payments (DAP)
3. A combination of both
Use our Fee Calculator to see which option might best suit your financial situation.
The care fee covers day-to-day assistance from carers and clinical staff, wellbeing activities and services such as catering, laundry, cleaning and gardening. It is made up of:
1. Basic Daily Care fee:
Every person entering residential care pays a Basic Daily Care fee which is set at 85% of Centrelink's single, full Age Pension.
2. Means-tested care fee:
An additional contribution towards the cost of your care based on your asset and income levels. This fee is set by the Department of Human Services when they receive your completed Request for a Combined Assets and Income Assessment form.
To complement our high quality service, we provide an Additional Services package that includes a variety of features for your added care and comfort. View our Additional Services flyer for more information.